The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Contact Group on Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday known as upon the worldwide neighborhood to “take fast cognisance of the compelling proof” contained in a file issued by Pakistan on September 12 in opposition to India’s heinous crimes in occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
The overseas ministers of the contact group met on the sidelines of the 76th session of the UN Normal Meeting in New York at present.
They known as upon the world powers to “maintain India accountable” for the crimes dedicated by Indian occupation forces in Jammu and Kashmir.
In accordance with a joint communique launched after the assembly, the session was chaired by the Secretary Normal of the OIC.
A report was shared by the secretary normal and the Unbiased Everlasting Human Rights Fee (IPHRC), in addition to a briefing given by International Minister of Pakistan Shah Mahmood Qureshi, in addition to overseas ministers of different states and representatives of the Kashmiri folks.
Selections taken by overseas ministers
The overseas ministers:
- Reaffirmed the OIC’s place and resolutions on the Jammu & Kashmir dispute.
- Additional reaffirmed the appropriate to self-determination of the folks of Jammu and Kashmir in accordance with the recognised OIC place and the Safety Council resolutions.
- Underscored that Jammu and Kashmir is an internationally recognised dispute that has been and continues to be on the agenda of the United Nations Safety Council (UNSC) since 1948 and reaffirmed by the related UNSC resolutions granting the Kashmiri folks their inalienable proper to self-determination.
- Confused that lasting peace in South Asia can’t be achieved with out a simply settlement of the core Jammu and Kashmir dispute in accordance with UNSC resolutions.
- Denounced the unilateral and unlawful Indian actions of August 5, 2019, and subsequent steps to change the demographic construction of occupied Jammu and Kashmir by way of the issuance of over 4.2 million domiciles to non-Kashmiri Indian residents;
- Affirmed that Indian actions are inconsistent with worldwide regulation, relevant UN Safety Council resolutions and India’s personal solemn commitments to implement UNSC resolutions.
- Eulogised the legit wrestle of the Kashmiris for his or her proper to self-determination, and condemned the crimes in opposition to humanity perpetrated by the Indian occupation forces in occupied Jammu and Kashmir since 1989, ensuing within the extra-judicial killing of greater than 96,000 Kashmiris, widowing of round 23,000 ladies, rape of over 11,250 ladies and ladies and additional deplored that round 108,000 kids have been orphaned, round 110,000 constructions together with faculties and homes have been destroyed, and greater than 8652 unidentified mass graves have been found.
- Recalled UN Normal Meeting resolutions, particularly, decision 2649 (1970) which “recognises the appropriate of peoples below colonial and alien domination within the legit train of their proper to self-determination”.
- Welcomed the conferences of the UN Safety Council on August 16, 2019, January 15, 2020, and August 5, 2020, to debate the grave scenario in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
- Recalled the assertion of the UN Secretary Normal of August 8, 2019, clearly affirming that the UN place on Jammu and Kashmir was “ruled by the Constitution of the United Nations and relevant Safety Council resolutions”.
- Welcomed the conferences of the OIC Contact Group on Jammu and Kashmir on September 25, 2019, and June 22, 2020, noting particularly, that the Joint Communiques adopted by the Contact Group unequivocally rejected the unilateral Indian actions of August 5, 2019, as inconsistent with worldwide regulation and the related UN Safety Council resolutions.
- Recalled the 2 studies issued by the Workplace of the UN Excessive Commissioner for Human Rights in June 2018 and July 2019, comprehensively documenting the gross and systematic violations of human rights in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
- Recalled the issues raised by the UN Particular Process Mandate Holders on the grave human rights in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir particularly within the wake of the unlawful Indian actions of August 5.
- Welcomed the go to of the OIC Unbiased Everlasting Human Rights Fee to Pakistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) August 5-9, 2021.
- Recalled the go to of the Secretary Normal’s Particular Envoy on Jammu and Kashmir to Pakistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir in March 2020 and welcomed his complete report offered to the forty seventh OIC Council of International Ministers in Niamey in November 2020.
- Welcomed the forthcoming go to of the Particular Envoy on Jammu and Kashmir to Pakistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
- Denounced India’s continued refusal to permit the Particular Envoy, the UN Particular Mandate Holders and worldwide civil society organisations to go to India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
- Welcomed the position performed by world leaders, parliamentarians, human rights organisations and worldwide media, in elevating their voice in opposition to unlawful Indian occupation and atrocities in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
- Expressed deep concern that the COVID-19 pandemic has additional aggravated the grave humanitarian scenario in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir, and famous with deep concern that the struggling of the Kashmiri folks has been exacerbated by lack of entry to hospitals, medicines together with lifesaving medicine and meals provides.
- Denounced the deliberate Indian coverage to disclaim and deprive the Kashmiris of important medical provides by shifting them to Indian states, and to use the pandemic to additional perpetuate its oppressive reign within the India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
- Welcomed the mandate given by the forty seventh session of the OIC Council of International Ministers in Niamey to the Humanitarian Division of the OIC Secretariat to look at and analyse the grave human rights and humanitarian scenario in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir with explicit reference to the COVID-19 pandemic, and prolonged full help to the go to of the Assistant Secretary Normal for Humanitarian Affairs to the AJK, to totally assess the scenario and to current concrete suggestions to the forty eighth OIC Council of International Ministers in Islamabad. To this finish, the Ministers notably urged the Assistant Secretary Normal for Humanitarian Affairs to evaluate the necessity for an instantaneous humanitarian name to help the folks in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
- Expressed deep condolences to the Kashmiri folks over the unhappy demise of the revered Kashmiri chief, Syed Ali Geelani, and payed homage to his unflinching dedication to the Kashmir trigger within the face of persistent persecution and great private hardship. It was famous that Kashmir’s pure accession to Pakistan was a component of religion for Syed Ali Geelani; he was a real voice and hero of the Kashmiris’ wrestle for self-determination, who by no means misplaced his ideological mooring for a single second.
- Deplored the unconscionable act of snatching mortal stays of Syed Ali Geelani from his household by the Indian occupation forces and denying them the appropriate to organise a funeral in addition to to bury him as per his will;
- Denounced the gross human rights violations dedicated in opposition to Kashmiri management and human rights defenders in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir, who’re persistently being traumatised, tortured, subjected to merciless and inhumane remedy.
- Condemned using pellet weapons and stay fire-arms by the Indian safety forces, using the so-called ‘cordon-and-search operations’, imprisonment of Kashmiri political leaders, staged ‘faux encounters’, and a deliberate killing spree of Kashmiri youth as a punitive software to punish complete communities.
Calls for of India
It was demanded by the overseas ministers that India:
- Reverse all unlawful and unilateral measures taken on or after August 5, 2019, cease the gross, systematic and widespread human rights abuses in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir, halt and reverse the unlawful demographic adjustments within the occupied territory, enable unrestricted entry to UN Particular procedures, worldwide media and impartial observers to go to India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir, and take concrete and significant steps for the complete implementation of UNSC resolutions on Jammu and Kashmir.
- Conduct an impartial investigation in opposition to well-documented instances of human rights violations together with extra-judicial killings, sexual violence by the Indian occupation forces in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
- Enable the household of Syed Ali Geelani and the Kashmiris to hold out his final rites in accordance with their needs and Islamic traditions; and instantly launch detained Kashmiri political leaders and youth in arbitrary detention in jails throughout India.
Different steps by overseas ministers
The overseas ministers of the contact group additional:
- Requested the Workplace of UN Excessive Commissioner for Human Rights to proceed to observe the scenario of human rights in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir with a view to persevering with reporting on the matter.
- Directed their respective Everlasting Representatives in New York and Geneva to often temporary the UN Secretary Normal, Presidents of the UN Normal Meeting and UN Safety Council, President of the Human Rights Council and UN Excessive Commissioner for Human Rights on the evolving developments in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
- Requested the OIC Secretary Normal and OIC member states to spotlight the worsening scenario in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir at varied worldwide boards together with the United Nations and name for fast steps for amelioration of the human rights and humanitarian scenario and peaceable decision of the Jammu & Kashmir dispute.
- As supplied in a number of OIC resolutions, requested the OIC Secretary Normal to put in writing a letter to the President of India searching for a go to by an OIC reality discovering mission to go to India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir to conduct an impartial verification of the scenario on the bottom, and to take steps to ameliorate the scenario.
- Requested the Particular Envoy of the OIC Secretary Normal to have interaction UN Particular Process Mandate Holders and worldwide human rights organizations to attract world consideration to the gross and systematic violations of human rights in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
- Referred to as upon the worldwide neighborhood to carry India accountable for the heinous crimes being dedicated by the Indian occupation forces in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
- Decided to take concrete actions on the Jammu and Kashmir dispute in the course of the forty eighth OIC Council of International Ministers assembly in Islamabad in March 2022.
- Determined to stay actively seized of the matter.
FM addresses casual assembly of contact group
Earlier, Minister for International Affairs Shah Mahmood Qureshi, in his tackle to the contact group throughout a breakfast assembly, known as for a “simply” and “equitable” decision to the Kashmir dispute for peace in South Asia.
The overseas minister underscored the necessity for the worldwide neighborhood to be “very clear on Indian transgressions and maintain India accountable”.
“Since August 5, 2019, over eight million Kashmiris proceed to face lockdown, navy siege, arbitrary detentions and unprecedented restrictions,” mentioned Qureshi.
“Indian occupation forces are committing unspeakable atrocities to silence the voice of the Kashmiris and break their will to withstand occupation,” he added.
The overseas minister mentioned the latest instance was remedy of mortal stays of Geelani, when a contingent of India’s occupation forces “entered his household residence and snatched his physique, denied him final rites and buried him in a nondescript place”.
“There will be no peace in South Asia till the simply and equitable decision of the Jammu and Kashmir dispute,” he confused.